Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Break Face

Now...

How do I put this lightly? SNAP OUT OF IT PEOPLE!!
Let it all hang out. Step out of your comfort zones.
I've had it up to HERE.
Enough is enough. Really. Let it happen already. If not, let it go. All this preaching to the choir is a little overrated don't you think?

I'm quite gifted, I must admit, having my fair share of people who want to put their two cents in. But you know what? I'm not so sure I remember asking anybody for any guidance. Advice maybe. Never guidance. But here you are, trying to tell me that I'm ignorant. Really? How so? Because....what, exactly?

So you saw that I'm a little careless and all of a sudden that became synonymous with ignorant? Really now?
Or maybe, just maybe, you've noticed that I can smile when I'm down? That I can crack a joke every now and then (when I shouldn't)? Right? Is that considered wrong according to your "How the World Works Scale"?
Ooh, that's right...I forgot...YOU CAN'T! So just because you can't, automatically means that I should right?? That's a little too convenient don't you think?
No, darlin', let me put it to you this way: While you're much too busy trying to break me, I take a step back and watch every inch of you. That's right. I take in all of your bullshit and simply watch you.
Wanna know why? I'll tell you why! While you're too busy trying to tell me how I should live my life, I get to figure out a way to have my cake and eat it too. Now...Ain't that some shit! Now here's a tissue to wipe your mouth after you pick your jaw up right off the floor.
Here you are telling me I should stop dreaming. Who do you think you are? Do I tell you to stop breathing? You somehow presume to know what my life is about, what I'm about. A word to the wise (and to you dear) don't you ever presume to understand what God has in store for me.
Don't treat my name like a fool. I do nothing BUT encourage every ounce of you. No matter how unrealistic, I'm right there pushing you through. So, answer me this: Where do you stand? You are standing, right? Where exactly are you standing?Maybe I'm asking all the wrong questions. Let me have another go at it.
When are you standing? It seems that you're only standing when I'm down. I give you my word.
I'm about to show you. Relax your mind, have no fear. You'll notice a grain of truth in what I'm putting out here. I will waste no time in changing you or your point of view. Time will tell. But before time gets to do all that, I must admit I get a kick out of seeing your jaw drop and face change each and every time. It's who I am and it's what I'll be and there is nothing that you can ever say or do that can change that.
What you can do however is:
1. Befriend me unconditionally, as I befriend you unconditionally.
2. Open your heart to me unconditionally, as I open my heart unconditionally to you.
3. Listen to me, hearing won't suffice.

We should be able to learn from each other, not break one another. Give it a go. You just might be amazed at what you may find.

No comments:

Post a Comment